More than 35 Years in the Business
With more than 35 years in the business, Mooring Financial Corporation has a solid history of successfully investing in financial assets.
- Mooring Capital Fund has its fifth year of record returns in its 19-year history.
Mooring Capital Fund fully resolves FDIC real estate portfolio that it acquired in 2015, with a sizable gain.
- Mooring Capital Fund recorded highest net return in its 17-year history.
- Mooring Capital Fund acquired western U.S. real estate portfolio from the FDIC.
- Mooring Capital Fund recorded highest net return to investors in its 15-year history.
- Liquidated holdings in Mooring Intrepid Opportunity Fund – Series A and Series B and returned capital to outside investors after generating significant returns in Series A from being short the credit and equities markets beginning in 2007.
- Mooring Capital Fund purchased a record number of distressed loans, including a large portfolio from a national bank.
- Established Mooring Intrepid Opportunity Fund – Series C to capitalize on an expectation of an increase in short-term interest rates sooner than the market anticipated.
- Mooring Capital Fund purchased significant assets in Florida.
Created Mooring Intrepid Opportunity Fund – Series B to invest in opportunities created by the BP Oil Spill.
- Spun off tax lien servicing business and sold majority of tax lien portfolio.
- Mooring Tax Lien Fund I L.P. established to provide an opportunity for accredited investors to invest in property tax liens in Florida.
- New York City named Mooring Tax Asset Group servicer for the NYCTL 2008 Trust.
- Launched Mooring Intrepid Opportunity Fund – Series A a hedge fund targeted to capitalize on unsustainably high valuations and narrow credit spreads present in the real estate and fixed income markets.
- Established Mooring Secured Liquidity Fund to provide an opportunity for accredited investors to invest in property tax liens.
- Began managing tax lien portfolios for institutional investors and outside investment companies.
- Mooring Capital Fund founded to provide an opportunity for accredited investors to invest in a hedge fund specializing in distressed commercial debt.
- Established Mooring Tax Asset Group to invest in property tax liens.
- Purchased commercial loan portfolios from the RTC and FDIC.
- Recognized opportunities as a result of the banking crisis and shifted focus from commercial leasing to distressed commercial loan portfolios.
- Current President & CEO, John Jacquemin launched Mooring Financial Corporation as a commercial equipment leasing company, concentrating in middle market leases ranging from $100,000 to $5 million of equipment cost. Since its beginning, the company has leased data processing, telecommunications, railroad rolling stock, production equipment, major medical equipment, and corporate aircraft.